Index of /pub/projects/john/contrib/parallel/cpushare
Name Last modified Size
Parent Directory 13-Jan-2012 16:00 -
cpushare-0.47.tar.bz2 01-Oct-2007 18:18 38k
README.txt 03-Mar-2008 08:42 2k
= How to Run John The Ripper on top of CPUShare =
==== You need a Linux system, any recent Linux distribution will work. You can use virtualization if your native OS isn't Linux. ====
1. Download and unpack the latest CPUShare core package:
tar xjf cpushare.tar.bz2
2. Create the cross compiler environment by following the instructions given by the script.
3. Download and unpack John The Ripper:
tar xjf john-1.7.2.tar.bz2
4. Apply the patch that adds CPUShare support to John The Ripper:
patch -p1 <../cpushare/patches/john-1.7.2.patch
5. Create the file cpushare_buy/pwd and write an encrypted MD5 password as seen in /etc/shadow into its first line:
echo $1$1234$BdIMOAWFOV2AQlLsrN/Sw. > cpushare_buy/pwd
6. Login into the [https://www.cpushare.com/ website], create and download your buy order and save it with the web browser inside the CPUShare directory.
7. [https://www.cpushare.com/add_funds/ Add Funds with PayPal] if you either don't have CPUCoins in your account or if you want a chance to scale the load over hundred million of CPUs.
8. Go back inside the CPUShare directory and link John as the cpushare_buy project:
ln -s ../john-1.7.2/cpushare_buy
9. Start computing:
10. If all goes right you will see the cleartext password at the end of the cpushare-buy-0.log file, it's a 4 char one. You can monitor the progress with:
tail -f cpushare-buy-0.log